News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Here is a recent aquisition of wich i am very happy that i finally did find one. A original Silver C badge (Germa: Silbernes Leistunsgabzeichen f?r Motorlosen Flug).

This badge was instituted in 1931 and was awarded up towards the end of WWII approx. 2.000 times in its 14 years existence in this form. FInding a original one nowadays is a quite difficult task.

The badge is made out of silver and enemaled, the reverse has the typical button faster with its award number stamped.

This piece was won in 1939 and was worn by its recipient with pride, The owner was later in the war a Lw. glider pilot and did fly with DFS230, Go 242 and Me 321 glider planes. He also did fly the Vassieux mission against French partisans wand was heavely wounded in this mission.

He survived the war + i had the honour to aquire this rarity for my collection at the beginning of this month.

I belive it is a first for this (and many other forums) that such a badge is shown => enjoy :jumping::cheeky:

Cordial greetings,

Edited by Stijn David

Hello,

And here we have the reverse, note the number: 1153

All these badges have a unique number and are researchable as the original award list is in existence. I am currently working on a book about these badges wich will probably be finished end 2008/beginning 2009.

The producer of these badges was the Frankfurt based Jeweller: J?rgum & Treffs

Cordial greetings, :cheers: