News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Uffz. Friedrich Kottemann Soldbuch

I had a rather fortunate turn of luck today, and found a Soldbuch that belonged to the same soldier as a Postsparbuch I already had in my collection.

From Volksbund.de:

Nachname: Kottemann

Vorname: Friedrich

Dienstgrad: Unteroffizier

Geburtsdatum: 20.03.1916

Geburtsort: Strang

Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 10.08.1944

Todes-/Vermisstenort:

Friedrich Kottemann ruht auf der Kriegsgr?berst?tte in Marigny (Frankreich) .

Endgrablage: Block 2 Reihe 24 Grab 898

...and the second page of units. Can anyone make sense of the last Marschbtl. entry, and what is written underneath it (the Sutterlin followed by the "VIII")?

He returned from leave in late May 44 via that Marsch Btl. Trying to figure out where he spent May through August of that year prior to his death.

It looks to me like it was crossed out with a date annotation on August 20th, ten days after Volksbund shows that he was dead. From that, could I draw the conclusion that this was some sort of record of his weapon being recovered by his unit?

...and the second page of units. Can anyone make sense of the last Marschbtl. entry, and what is written underneath it (the Sutterlin followed by the "VIII")?

He returned from leave in late May 44 via that Marsch Btl. Trying to figure out where he spent May through August of that year prior to his death.

Hello:

entry reads as "Urlauber Marsch Bataillon R 2. Kompanie

Wehrkreis VIII"

Bernhard H. Holst