News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wanted Help with Identification & Translation of writing on the following

Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Well, toss the icky junk suspension on the first one. that's the campaign medal for the Crimean War.

Second one is a commemorative of Tsar Alexander II's rule, 1881-1894.

The jeton's reverse shown first has at top, either side of the eagle "France" and "England"

with "In memory of the great war 1914" under ? Poincar? and George V.

The obverse shown second has "Emperor Nicholas II" and the oft-heard slogan

"God Keep The Tsar!" (Bozhe Tsarya Khrani!) which is often followed over here by the old emigrants' refrain "Yes! And far, far away!" :cheeky:

#10 I shall await CONTEXT on. Old Church Slavonic from before the Revolution is even older than me. :rolleyes: It is along the lines of "Suffering until the end of redemption" which doesn't sound very ... positive--though reminds me of the Old School of me own Sainted Oirish Pastor, Fatttthhhhhher O'Toole. :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Hmm. Not sure what the bronze coin type medallion is. Just Nicky's titles on the other side. The back may more accurately be something like "for the relief of suffering." Dunno when-- or why.