News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prince of the SS Sayeth: Let This Worker Pass !

Guest Rick Research

When the owner can come by for Epsonization, will make a better scan.

Here is a Pass "good only 4-5 June 1939" allowing the bearer-- "with other valid identity documents" to pass to his or her workplace.

Signed by SS Obergruppenf?hrer (10th senior General in the SS) Josias Erbprinz zu Waldeck und Pyrmont (13.05.96-30.11.67) as Higher SS & Police Commander, SS Oberabschnitt Fulda-Werra.

:rolleyes:

Soooooo

What was going ON, 4-5 June 1939, that would have needed Extra Special Highest Level authorization for a nice peacetime German to go about his or her daily business through apparently VERY tough SS hyper-security?

SOMETHING important enough to have been saved for 69 years now, in 2 weeks. :catjava:

I think it must have been for a visit from Hitler.....................like the special passes issued each November in Munich.

Hitler and the Prince of Hess visited Kassel in mid-1939 to see a museum of antiquities..............not sure of the month, though.

Guest Rick Research

:cheers:

It always amazes me that with something this Super Strict, signed at the very highest of levels... wouldn't you have THOUGHT that actually just putting the individual's NAME :banger: on it instead of "the bearer..." would have prevented anybody who had good local documents but NO good reason to flit in and out? :speechless:

I agree Rick ...although, that would complicate things for the Printer unless they printed these up months in advance and already knew who'd get one.

There could be another explanation ...Since it is serial numbered , they could have created a list with the recipients names ...that way they could double check to comfirm the person presenting it was the one it was assigned to.

If the name and that number didn't match up there'd be a problem , unless Steve Martin was at the checkpoint... :speechless1:

remember the Movie "The Jerk" ?

-- MasterCharge do?

--That's fine. We take MasterCharge.

--You want a fill-up, Mrs. Nussbaum?

--Uh , Yeah , I'm Mr. Nussbaum.

--Yeah, that's his wife's card.

-- His wife's card?

--Yeah, I'll vouch for him.

--Okay, as long as we got a voucher.

Guest Rick Research

As promised, it came by to visit today (along with many other items all just passing through to be Epsonized) and the "signature" is actually printed. Awwwwww.