News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

The only think wrong with it is that the German mounter turned the suspension device around backwards so the loop for the way the Finnish ribbon was worn on the Cross of Liberty is facing front and not hidden:

Very nice Leutnant's bar.

thanks. I was aware thet you and other as you can identified the grade of the recipient only for the awards...I think that for NCO/OR can be easier, but what the devil knows if he is a leutnant or a Capitain??? :speechless:

Thanks

Miguel

Guest Rick Research

Senior German Lieutenants got 3rd Class (gold and black paint). Captains/Majors got 2nd Class (white enamel and gold).

These are "courtesy" awards, given by the man's rank, not by his degree of bravery.

Senior German Lieutenants got 3rd Class (gold and black paint). Captains/Majors got 2nd Class (white enamel and gold).

These are "courtesy" awards, given by the man's rank, not by his degree of bravery.

Ach so!!. (vgr:The others guys received the corespondent german award...) ;)

regards

miguel

PS/ By the way: I have a Finn Bar you can see in the forum?s Albums...that the seller attibutted to a Cavalry Lt. Col. that had one 3th class and two 4 th classes...

Edited by hipnos

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

I never find a Deck Officer named Todsen. I suppose he could have been promoted up from Petty Officer during the war, but then such senior Petty Officers almost always had "double time" for being demobilized as a Leutnant der Marine a.D.

The medal bar doesn't go with the photo or EK1-- there is no long service award.

Guest Rick Research

Todsens were a prominent family up there-- perhaps the Iron Cross belonged to a wartime army Leutnant der Reserve. Nobody in the navy with that name.