News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Eastern Front unit identity

Can anyone help throw some light onto the identity of this unit.

I just acquired a large number of photos all from a particular Feldgendarmerie unit. From what clues can be gathered from the notations on the back of the photo, the unit was originally based by Schirgiswalde, near Bautzem, so the parent Division would have come under Wehrkreis IV (Dresden)

Locations of some of the photos include Weisskirchen ( presumably on the way to the Eastern Front) Dniepropetrovsk in Aug 41, Baturin (North Ukraine) May 1942, Charkov Feb 43, Stalino, Kiev April 1943, Novo-Ukrainka Apr 1943, Kirovograd July 1943, Uman.

One photo of a vehicle shows the ghost of what appears to be a divisional insignia (?)

Can anyone come up with a possible parent unit (I'm guessing an Infantry Division) from Wehrkreis IV which would have fought in the Southern Sector of the Front 1941-43 at the above locations ?

• 2 weeks later...