News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RFC pilot with no medals...?

In an aviation lot, I obtained a RFC Officer tunic, cuff rank. It is named and dated to J B Davies. I pulled up his medal card, and it has the North Staffordshire Regiment and RFC/RAF listed. No dates, minimal info. It says "No Medals, not eligible" It is so neatly done that it looks like a later card. The tunic has the trio ribbons, and being loose at one end, the material is much darker under them, they have been there always. There are also Canada officer bullioin tabs, also loose and also with dark material under them. The tunic has been upgraded to Capt.: Did this man emigrate to Canada and therefore NOT get medals from the UK? Did he serve in some way in the North Staff's and have a later card done that refers to his RFC service as "no medals"...was he a trainer in the UK or Canada? Cannot find anything, help! Wing is missing, by the way and I would love to find a nice worn one, from shadow it was 4.5 inches wide.