News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can anyone identify this dagger for me.

Hi every one, I am a nuby. I have inherited a dagger and would like to know more about it. The handle is ivory or bone with a silver cap with a crown of what appears to be rope on the top. At the bottom of the handle is a large eagle with upturned wing tips and a wreath with a swastika in its claws. the scabbard has a panel of embossed oak (?) leaves on front and back and two rings on the side. the blade has a Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin stamp on it.

Welcome to the club, Mary Anne... :beer:

I?ll get straight to the point. In the absence of a picture, there is only one dagger that fits the description given, and if I?m right?its bad news I?m afraid!

Have a look at the (very poor) picture below and tell me if it matches the one you have.

Welcome to the club, Mary Anne... :beer:

I'll get straight to the point. In the absence of a picture, there is only one dagger that fits the description given, and if I'm right?its bad news I'm afraid!

Have a look at the (very poor) picture below and tell me if it matches the one you have.

Mary anne

Ok?.. reading?.blah blah blah?G?ring?blah blah?presentation.

Right? just trying to find out if we have a location for this dagger, but can?t find anything in any of the reference works on edged weapons.

Anyway, the term most commonly used when describing this dagger is ?One of a kind?. The reason being is that the original dagger was produced by the industrial leaders of Solingen and presented to ?Reichsmarshall Hermann G?ring?.

The dagger features a genuine ivory grip and a 10 inch blade made of Damascus steel. The reverse ricasso of the blade bears the raised gold inscription ?Echt Damast P. Mueller? (True Damascus P.Mueller)?Paul Mueller being one of the top blade makers in Solingen.

Unfortunately, as with most TR pieces, this dagger has been copied, and aside from the fact that the original piece would have to be classed one of the rarest, this piece of yours has ?Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin? stamped into the blade, a sure sign of it being a fake as the firm ?Weyersberg? were based in Solingen, not Berlin.

I wish I had better news for you.