News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am sorry, that I write in German, but I experience difficulties while translating from German on English.

It will be possible interestingly...

:beer:

Belohnungsantrag

?ber die am Gefechte bei Grotowice am 15. M?rz 1915 beteiligt gewesenen und zur Dekorierung vorgeschlagener Offiziere der Brigade Frantz der deutschen Division von Menges.

Vom Ersatz-Regiment Nr. 8

In der Nacht von 14./15.3 ?berschritten die Russen ?stlich von Leg die Pilica. Zum Angriff wurde die Brig. Frantz angesetzt, der es sodann im Vereine mit unserer Artillerie und unserem IR. Nr. 8 gelang, die Russen ?ber die Pilica zur?ckzudr?ngen, wobei 80 Russen gefangen genommen wurden. Die Nebenstehenden von deutscher Seite taten sich herbei durch umsichtige F?hrung, tatkr?ftige Unterst?tzung und Tapferkeit hervor.

Obst. / Brig.F?hrer in der Division Menges / Otto Frantz -??M2K

Mjr. / F?hrer des Ers. Reg. 8 / Richard von Loeben -??M3K

Hptm. / dessen Adjutant IR 153 / Fritz von Lindenau -??M3K

Lt. / dessen Adjutant FAR. 69 / Heinrich Wilke -??M3K

Lt. / F?hrer des I. Bat. Ers. Reg. 8 / Wilhelm Wagner -??M3K

Edited by Roman Slivin

Guest Rick Research

Kein probleme! :cheers:

Aren't those citations GREAT? I like the little stamps in the shape of the awards that lower decorations received, going up each layer of command just like the Soviet ones... approved, downgraded, denied, upgraded... all on the same page.

When I last did any Austro-Hungarian research almost 30 years ago, it was ONLY on veterans who had remained in what was left of the tiny Austrian Republic.

I did not know that they kept records for GERMANS.

You are not going to COPY all the ?M3K

Belohnungsantr?ge, are you? :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Though I have a few Urkunden for that in paperwork groups to German officers... :rolleyes:

Prussian Hauptmann der Landwehr Ernst Wilhelm H?ne of Landwehr Infanterie Regiment 7, 3rd Landwehr Division got his ?M3K on 2 March 1915 per decree of 26 February. For SOMETHING in Poland.

If you are making a list of German recipients, we can undoubtedly help because here this example shows the difference between what must be written on the Roll-- "Hauptmann H?ne"--and what we can add from other German sources or our own collections. :cheers:

There are different documents on compensations for Germans.

1. Citations for the separate officers, similar to the Soviet.

2. The general citations with identical feats or different.

3. Correspondence with wishes or offers on rewardings.

4. The general roll where is not specified a detailed feat, but only general phrases. For example for H?ne - "In Anerkennung tapferen Verhaltens vor dem Feinde"

I copy all that I can. Not only ?M3K.

I will be glad to any information, photos, the image medalbar etc.

Unfortunately is much not clear to me of questions... For example why date about rewarding in the document differs from date in roll...

Verzeichnis derjenugen Offiziere, Beamten und Mannschaften, die zu einer ?sterreichischen Ordensauzeichnung in Vorschlag gebracht werden.

1. Hauptmann / L?bbert / Adj. der 3. Ldw. Div. / Hat bei Tarnawka gro?e Unerschrockenheit bewiesen und in geschickter Weise mit dem benachbarten ?sterreichischen Korps Verbindung aufgenommen.

58. Hauptmann / Pf?tzenreuter / Ldw. I. R. 7 / F?hrte sein Btl im Gefecht bei Jelna mit gro?er Entschlossenheit und zeigte w?hrend der Schlacht bei Tarnawka im heftigen feindlichen Artilleriefeuer grosse Kaltbl?tigkeit.

185. Leutnant / Selchow / Ers. Frontpr?f. Zug / Erfolgreiche T?tigkeit bei Einrichtung der Frontpr?fverbindungen, die den Wirkungskreis weit ?bertafen, besonders wertvolles Zusammenarbeiten mit der ?sterreichischen Nachrichtenabt.

393. Stabsarzt / Dr. Steinitz / Ldw. Kav. R. 2. / In der Nacht vom 10. zum 11.9 fand das Regiment in Zakrzow ein von ?sterreichischen ?rzten verlassenes ?sterreichisches Spital mit etwa 100 Verwundeten vor, die zum gr??ten Teil im Freien lagen und allen Unzutr?glichkeiten der Witterung ausgesetzt waren. Stabsarzt Dr. Steinitz griff sofort mir gro?er Energie ein, lie? alle Verwundeten ???? bringen und linderte ihre Schmerzen, ???? Dr. Steinitz stundenlang mit gr??ter Aufopferung.

Woyrsch General der Infanterie und Kommandierender General

In it roll only 452 German military men.

Guest Rick Research

"For example why date about rewarding in the document differs from date in roll..."

Yes, this :banger::speechless: also for me in all the German Rolls of German awards I have transcribed and typed out...

Clerk "A" recorded "Award Approved 01.02"... then it went to Clerk "B" who actually filled out the paperwork... on 07.02 ?

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Rolls are what they are. We can only TYPE what they say! :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Old scan. Hauptmann dR D?hring got his on 3 December 1917.

Guest Rick Research

Don't worry-- here is the last Urkunde. (What a difference the Epson 4490 scanner makes, eh? :rolleyes: )

Bavarian Major Alois Louis (born 1873) was shot through both legs in the first month of the war and after a losing medical struggle, had one leg amputated below the knee in early 1915. Here he was on the staff of Military Railways Directorate 6-- BREST LITOVSK

In 1940 he was an ABWEHR Oberstleutnant zV in Bavaria... :catjava:

I wonder if the number at the top left corner of each document (here "2220") MEANS anything on the Roll-- a laufende Nummer, perhaps?

I wonder if the number at the top left corner of each document (here "2220") MEANS anything on the Roll-- a laufende Nummer, perhaps?

It is number of rewarding ?M3K in each separate year.

Every year there was a new numbering.

Number on the document corresponds to general list ?M3K, but in roll German officers other number the general for all awards received by German officers is specified.

Edited by Roman Slivin

Guest Rick Research

That is very interesting to know! :beer:

On SOME of the German award rolls, that was also the case. But some-- like the Prussian Hohenzollern House Order with Swords-- it is just some sort of gibberish file reference number for correspondence.

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch:

:speechless1::speechless1:

I would say, for Wunderlich-- 2 Februar 1915. The rest seem to be when the clerks got around to writing the paperwork... all AFTER the award document was made out!

There are too many Wunderlichs to sort out-- with :banger: no first names to match your Rudolf-- for me to find which one he was on German lists.

:Cat-Scratch:

:speechless1::speechless1:

I would say, for Wunderlich-- 2 Februar 1915. The rest seem to be when the clerks got around to writing the paperwork... all AFTER the award document was made out!

There are too many Wunderlichs to sort out-- with :banger: no first names to match your Rudolf-- for me to find which one he was on German lists.

:beer:

Preuss. Oblt. Gerhard Wunderlich Armeeabteilung Woyrsch

Guest Rick Research

No-- the German sources list officers at REGIMENTAL assignment level, not this sort of temporary higher staff job. And with no first names in the German sources, or a "home regiment," I can't tell which one WAS yours. I assume the first name on your list in smaller writing off to the right is UNDER the last name of each officer, not ABOVE the last name? --

Wunderlich, Rudolf... not Gerhard, Wunderlich ?

If this had been awarded to an officer in a regiment, or like my Bavarian Major Louis, showed his "permanent" regiment as well as his wartime staff assignment, that would be easier to find a match.

The navy, Bavarian, Saxon, and W?rttemberg armies showed first names... but NOT the Prussians. :(