News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Slovak WWII medals

Iver

Translation of legitimation:

5. infantry regiment

Daily order of 5. inf.reg., Nr.224 from 13. November 1939

Certification

Rank, name: lieutenant of infantry Rudolf Čill?k

Unit: Infantry regiment Nr. 5

Is authorised to wear : Commemorative medal for defence of Slovakia in march 1939.

In Nitra, 14. november 1939 on behalf of commander of regiment mjr. Of infantry ?tefan Schwartz

Commemorative medal for defence of Slovakia (Pam?tn? medaila za obranu Slovenska) is a commemorative badge for military and civil personnel and members of Hlinka guards, who have gain recognition for attaining and securing independece of Slovak state (government decree 95/1939).

The medal was at the beginning awarded for battles against Hungarian invasion in march 1939. The same medal was given for taking part in campaign against Poland in september 1939. Those, who have been awarded already in march with commemorative medal, became only a tab with inscription ?Javorina". Later were introduced two types of tabs: ?III.1939" and ?IX.1939".

Commemorative medal for defence of Slovakia was also given military persons, who were awarded with Slovak victory cross (Vojensk? v?ťazn? kr??) or Medal for bravery (medaile Za Hrdinstvo).

There was also medal with inscription ?Javorina/Orava" on the rear side, which was given only to members af allied armies.Number of awards is not known..

plus photo of rear side of medal

Edited by Iver

• 1 month later...

Newest incomes in my Slovak WWII medals collection:

Medal for bravery III. class (Medaila za hrdinstvo III. triedy)

Badge of "Fast division" (odznak R?chlej div?zie)

Commemorative badge for campaign against USSR I. class (pam?tn? odznak za ťa?enie prosti ZSSR I. triedy)

• 8 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Here's a nice little ribbon bar I reiceved from a good friend this Christmas :D It's the same as Rick's Order of War Victory, but Im not sure what class it might be. Any additional info would be be greatly appreciated :beer:

post-200-047071800 1294569242_thumb.jpg