News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi there, I'm new to the forum here. My wife and I deal in postcards and have several NSDAP postcards, but as is all ways we have to buy job lots and sometimes medals and badges come our way. I have picked this up and assume it is a reproduction. It has Hitler on the other side. Any help in identifying it will be gratefully received. regards chris

Hallo Chris71, :beer:

Welcome to the forum

Please feel free to show picture of the rear! :beer:

My gut instinct is to scream "Fantasy Rubbish", not a repro,

but I stand open to correction.

The ribbon I imagine is a II Reich Iron Cross Repro one,

looking at the very rough weave.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Welcome to the forum

but I stand open to correction.

The ribbon I imagine is a II Reich Iron Cross Repro one,

looking at the very rough weave.

Oh well real or not someone will buy I suppose. I have attached pic of reverse. Have a had a few bits and bobs come my way wound badges etc, i currently have medal of eastern front but again dont know if real or not. thanks chris

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn?t write this medal off to soon, you can certainly forget the ribbon, and any thoughts of a combat medal, but the helmet motif is very similar to a tinnie of mine commemorating Army Day Frankfurt am Main 16.3.36. As commemoration medals & badges were widely produced in the Third Reich culture, this well maybe an Army sympathiser / supporter medal. One caveat is the lack of date or script on the medal, usually there is one to associate medal and occasion, perhaps a collector in this area offer up some explanation, if not put it on ebay with a blacked out swastika for 10 pound.

Regards

Welcome to the forum

It HAS to be a fantasy piece, I'm sure one other would have surfaced between 1945 and now.

regards

Alex

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't write this medal off to soon, you can certainly forget the ribbon, and any thoughts of a combat medal, but the helmet motif is very similar to a tinnie of mine commemorating Army Day Frankfurt am Main 16.3.36. As commemoration medals & badges were widely produced in the Third Reich culture, this well maybe an Army sympathiser / supporter medal. One caveat is the lack of date or script on the medal, usually there is one to associate medal and occasion, perhaps a collector in this area offer up some explanation, if not put it on ebay with a blacked out swastika for 10 pound.

Regards

Hi all, thank you for your help with this medal. Most of the medals and badges that come my way I can get some idea of their provenance from where I have got them from, but i could find no record of this particular one but I do like that tinnie of yours. As I already said we deal in postcards and Im always in the market for any that anyone wants to part with. Im also interested in collecting more of the day to day stuff like cutlery, crockery, etc etc.

Well I have been informed by a reasonably reliable source that this is a reproduction. But all is not lost because it will sell alongside all our postcards ,(and other detritus), But I will sell as repro and not try to hoodwink anyone. thanks for help on this one chris