News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

William Lindsay Buckham

Here are the medals and Nominal Roll Card of an Australian William Lindsay Buckham. All are properly named. The only problem is that the person that mounted these on the card used two-sided tape to hold the medal to the card. :speechless1: What is the best way to get the sticky mess of of the medals? I will request his Service records from the Australian Archives as soon as I can. They do an excellent job!!!

:beer: Doc

Mike: Try acetone, but don't smoke while you use it. Regards, Gunner 1

Thanks Dick!!! I'll go get some today. I will remount them after they are rid of the sticky mess. I will Post the Service record when I get it. I have to wait a couple days until I can order it. That reminds me. I still need to post the Service Record of Arthur Pascoe :speechless: I'll work on that today.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

His Awards framed...

Nice job, Doc.

A comment on the lighter fluid recommendation. I've never tried it, but I'd be surprised if you didn't wind up with a petroleum residue on the ribbons.

The sale card looked like the work of Paddy O'Brien at I. S. Wright in Sydney, but he used to use some form of greyish puttylike substance to stick the planchet to the card.

Hugh

Nice job, Doc.

A comment on the lighter fluid recommendation. I've never tried it, but I'd be surprised if you didn't wind up with a petroleum residue on the ribbons.

The sale card looked like the work of Paddy O'Brien at I. S. Wright in Sydney, but he used to use some form of greyish puttylike substance to stick the planchet to the card.

Hugh

It must have been his work because it was a putty like substance. As for reidue on the ribbons...Nope. I was very careful removing the residue from the medals and wiped them clean.