News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lapel Pins vs. Buttons

Dieter3

What is the rhyme and reason behind lapel pins vs. buttons? Are the pins of an earlier style, buttons later? Is there any info on determination of what should be expected with a certain award and a time frame for that style?

Sorry - I'm referring to the rosettes; pin style with the box as opposed to the round, button style. If I understand correctly, the pins were earlier issue, and the buttons were later issue - however I don't know if this is indeed the case....I was looking for clarification on that - and if this was indeed the case, is there an approximate date range where a transition was made from the pin to the button?

I've seen some Golden Kites on ePay recently - most seem to have the button rosette, but one has the pin type.

Understood. The bow shaped ribbon on a pin are earlier than the button style round badges. The exception is the merit medal where it is still a bow shaped ribbon on a pin. I think the change took place in the early 1920s but I am still trying to pin it down more exactly.

Best regards,

Paul