News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Reserve Officers/Officials Day Jobs June 1912

Guest Rick Research

One of the Great Enigmas of Imperial German collecting is finding out what dR and dL officers did for their "real" jobs without any documentation other than their award Urkunden.

Well, thanks to the incredible generosity of Cathy Ludvigsen, I have become the "Nachlass" Keeper of her late husband Eric's wonderful reference library. More (much more) on that when I have finally worked my way through all the boxes and typed up ALL the books that have come here so that the Seymour-Ludvigsen-O'Connor Research Circle lives on.

Completely unknown to me, here is a single source which reveals civilian occupations and home addresses for all Bavarian officers and military officials of the reserve, as of 15 June 1912!

Guest Rick Research

In the case of civil servants, a Court- and- State Handbook will turn them up-- if a Court- and- State- handbook can be found!

But REAL civilians have always been "impossible."

Until now.

Sedlmayr's three WW1 award documents remain together. His birth date and place is even on his EK2 Urkunde. But that was it. Until this week. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

In 1912 Dipl. Ing. Sedlmayr was living and working in BERLIN (4th entry from the bottom of the page):

Knowing this, I will now go see what the online Berlin City Directories can add. :catjava: