News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Service Records Please

Hello Again;

I have an Uncle Arthur Wilford. He was born 9th of Feb 1898, in Edinburgh, Scotland. He was in 2nd of Kings Own Scottish Borderers. His Reg Number was 12910. He was Demobilized 7-1-'19 That's all I have. I am trying to find some Service Records, rank, Conduct, commendations if any. Any information on where he would have served. If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

:banger:

With Regards,

Brenda :beer:

P.S. He had 1 brother too, but I don't know a Service number for him. Only his name and Date of birth.

Edited by bootss911

You can download his MIC that shows WW1 medals entitled to him (it will cost you 2 BP).

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...;resultcount=14

Looks like his rank was Private.

You may luck out and have his brother with the same download. There are usually 6 MIC's per download.

Thanks Darrel;

I have his Medal Index Card. I can't find out anymore beyond that. As I found out with another Uncle, the MID card doesn't necessarily reflect his actual rank. Beyond this card, I can't find out anything about his Service. That's why I was asking for help.

Kind Regards,

Brenda

Had a quick check of Service Records, Pension Records & National Roll, no trace.

Thanks Leigh,

Thanks for trying, I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and see if anything turns up. Thanks for looking my friend.

Best regards,

Brenda :D