News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I had this topic on the Napoleonic forum but it was suggested posting it here incase anyone can help:

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts regarding a Man who served with the Brunswick Army in 1815 as I'm totally stuck.

His name was Carl Niemeyer and served with the Kriegs Commissariat. I believe these men were civilians of Officer rank. I've checked Brunswick, KGL and British lists for the period (peninsular War also) but I've found nothing on him at all and have been told it will probably be impossible to find anything.

I have Schaumann's book ' on the road with Wellington' who was also with the Kriegs Commissariat, so have an idea of what they were responsible for but would be great to find more on the man himself.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Mossop