News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

picklehaube train wreck

hello gentlemen, there's something wrong with this picklehaube, spiked, Bavarian chinscale mounts, Prussian rossette, other ranks stamped steel badge, chinscales joined by a small oval brass buckle. from the few books I have the helmet should have a horse hair plume with bavarian chinscale mounting points?

also, with officers chinscales, should the fron badge be gilded brass? I bougth this items as a restoration project, but need to know whats what with it.

Any help would be most greatfully received.

many thanks

Pikestaff

Go to this site Kaiser Bunker

Drop Tony an e-mail, he's the web master and owner of everything on the site. Prepare yourself for a shock! It's an absolutely INCREDIBLE collection.

Thank you for the link, yes, fantastic! must have taken him a lifetime to amass that collection.

regards

Pikestaff

Thank you for the link, yes, fantastic! must have taken him a lifetime to amass that collection.

regards

Pikestaff

Many thanks to 'tachel' due his prompting I have been trawling the web, came across an advert on ebay showing a repro bavarian police Pickelhaube, I think this wreck I have could very well be a police item, apart from the badge, looks like i will have to look around for a police badge to go with it once its in better shape.

regards

Pikestaff

Like I said, drop Tony an e-mail. He's incredibly helpful.

He'll tell you exactly what to do and might even direct you to the parts you require.

I will get around to emailing him, first I want to see whats for sale as regards the front badge.

cheers

Pikestaff