News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SAS Shoulder Titles

A rather tired old mind is having aproblem.

In 1944 when the 1st SAS were stationed outside of Chelmsford Essex they wore a maroon title with 1st Special Air Serve spelled out in full in sky blue I vividly remember this title but have seen no reference to it just the white SAS on red of which photos exist in the early operations in France.It was most likely only to have been worn for a very short period say January 1944 to April/May 1944.

Has any SAS expert or collector a photo?or can my memories be substanciated other ways.

Thank-you in advance.

John

I am aware of titles with "1st S.A.S." (as well as "2nd S.A.S.") light blue letters on marroon background, these appeared in a couple of photographs taken in May 1944. But this is the first time I hear about titles with full designation. Interesting to say the least.

Edited by The Saint