News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I picked this up because I liked the way it looked, despite some ignorant git stripping the mini-medals from the bar. It's been in storage for a while, and saw sunlight again for a short while today. It would be nice to find all of the missing medals, but I don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon...

What a shame.

Les

Guest Rick Research

WAS it actually stripped... or was it perhaps never completed and abandoned as is?

This little "common stock" item was never completed.

Mine is a generic sort of combination that the outfitter might have had ready made for walk in trade, simply waiting on the quality of minis a potential buyer (who never arrived before the Thousand Year Reich ran out) wanted.

Yours is by NO means comparable. It had to have been made for a specific person (YIKES-- EK2 and Prussian long service-- all the rest vanity pieces :banger: ) BUT

while ribbon bar ribbon was available-- the peacock may have had the outfitter get this far making a mini bar and then discovered :unsure: he could NOT GET minis for all of those. :speechless:

I don't even know what several of those ribbons are FOR. There may not even have BEEN minis for some of them! :speechless1:

but sometimes......

The EK ribbon has a small pull-through in the center showing green and white fuzzies underneath, and the long service has a definite trace of white thread present. There's no definite holes from thread in the other ribbons. While those two appear to have had minis present at some time, the others show no real traces being threaded and then having any medals pulled.

Rick, your idea that the "peacock" had the bar made up and then found there weren't any minis for some of those awards is entirely possible. The pin back arrangement is very tight and might indicate it wasn't opened/closed much.

Then again, seeing the photo Ulster posted means rethinking what was going on with the bar. :Cat-Scratch:

Thanks for the input guys.

Les