News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am searching for informations on Oberst Magdeburg - military career , complete list of orders , unit on the photo and so on....

I think the picture is taken 1898 , the first rank list I have is 1900 and I can`t find him anymore - maybe retired 1898 or 1899

any help is welcome!!!

Heiko

post-338-1245673179_thumb.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Ludwig Magdeburg, born Wiesbaden 20 February 1840. Retired as an Oberst, listed in the 1908-09 Orders Almanac.

The only change to his awards as shown was a retirement upgrade of Crown Order 3rd in 3rd place on medal bar to a Crown Order 2nd Class. The last medal on his medal bar is the Hessian campaign medal for 1866.

Italian Maurice and Lazarus and Luxemburg Oak Crown-Commanders are quite interesting-- will have to hunt down his 1890s service to see how those came up. An odd pair!!!!

Guest Rick Research

Magdeburg's Ordensalmanach entry:

post-160-1245685894_thumb.jpg

he died 25 June 1908 so this is actually a posthumous entry.

He commanded 7. Gendarmerie Brigade (M?nster) 22.03.89-19.07.92 and 11. Gend Brig (Kassel) 20.07.92 until retired 07.10.98.

So he is wearing Gendarmerie, not army, uniform.