News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Persian Order of the Lion and sun

palencia

Hi,

I recently obtained this Order of the Sun and Lion. This order was institued in 1808, in 1925, the order was substituted by the order of Homayoun.

I belive that this order is persian made, probably by Saniolmamalek.

If it is possible, I would like to know, approximately, its time (period)of issue. What do you think?

Best regards

sunlionorder1.jpg

sunlion2.jpg

Edited by palencia

an amazing and beautiful breast star you have! :love:

I'm looking for this medal for some time now but they are really hard to find and mostly very high in price.

yours is in a perfect condition. I'm to looking forward for some expert to date this.

kind regards and thank you for share this gorgeous pice

a l e x

Hi Alex,

It is not easy to find information about this order.

Besides in Persia it was made of other countries: France, Germany, Belgium, Russia...For the drawing of the central medallion, I believe that this is persian made, but I?m not sure.

This is a Grand Cross (civil division): 3 bands in the centrer and 8 arms.

If you find any information about the period of issue, please, make it know me

Best regards

Edited by palencia

• 2 months later...

Hello again

It's bin a wile sorry… I started a new topic in the "Middle East & Arab States"-section of this forum about this medal hoping to gather some more information. check it out and feel free to attach additional information there...

best regards

a l e x

Hi Alex,

It is not easy to find information about this order.

Besides in Persia it was made of other countries: France, Germany, Belgium, Russia...For the drawing of the central medallion, I believe that this is persian made, but I?m not sure.

This is a Grand Cross (civil division): 3 bands in the centrer and 8 arms.

If you find any information about the period of issue, please, make it know me

Best regards

The date is post 1872 since the central Lion and Sun device does not have the small Qajar crown above.

Cheers

James