News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Metropolitan Police Club

When I first saw the word Metropolitan, I'm thinking - never seen this before. Then I realised quite a few US cities use the word in their titles. Am I right in thinking this was for Chicago ? Would a uniform policeman actually carry something this small - or, was it intended for Detectives? Don't you call them saps or zaps ? Looks to be of rubber?

Strange it was made by a firm called Biffar. To Biff some one in English slang, used to mean to hit them...

Edited by Mervyn Mitton

When I first saw the word Metropolitan, I'm thinking - never seen this before. Then I realised quite a few US cities use the word in their titles. Am I right in thinking this was for Chicago ? Would a uniform policeman actually carry something this small - or, was it intended for Detectives? Don't you call them saps or zaps ? Looks to be of rubber?

Strange it was made by a firm called Biffar. To Biff some one in English slang, used to mean to hit them...

Hi Mervyn,

I have no idea where this came from. I believe uniformed officer's may have carried them but cannot confirm. A sap would have been a softer material. This is a HARD substance. I hadn't thought of the "Biff".

Thanks for the comments.

Ed