News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice document and badge stewy. What do you do with them from here?? In that I mean do you research into the unit the winner of the document belonged to and the signature of the commander on the document. I think it makes collecting documents that much better when you look into the history of the document. Heaven forbid I love and do collect German medals and badges but they cant tell you much because they do not have the recipients name engraved on them or anything like that. Documents on the other hand can lead you into all sorts of research and at the end of the day when you finally have the units history all mapped out leading up to the awarding of the badge, then that to me is what military collecting is all about. Sorry Stewy I am ranting on a bit....nice duo as I said.

Phil

Hi Phil,i'm getting more into the reasearching now. I've got several groupings that i really need to get to grips with. Another thing with docs & soldbuchs etc,i always keep my eyes open for additions to each soldier. I try to reunite them if possible. A Panzer grenadier group i have,i've actually tracked down his Westwall doc. Hopefully they can be back together soon. Stewy

Hi Stewy

How good is that...tracking down the Westwall document. To me this is what collecting is all about. I used to just save my money, buy an item and as soon as I got it in the mail, have a quick look then put it in the display cabinet with the rest of like items. I want say I was unhappy with that but it was all about money and the more you had the bigger and better your collection got. I read a thread by Chris Boonziaier (sorry Chris if I spelt that wrong) on another forum and it was he who got me thinking about collecting and what it means to me. Chris as you may know collects WW1 documents mainly and I was fascinated by what he could work out just from this simple piece of paper. Anyway, thats how I started. I dont have many but these days documents are about all I buy. Great to talk to you and again real nice duo that and I would like to see the Pz Gren grouping you have.

Phil

Hi Phil,i'm getting more into the reasearching now. I've got several groupings that i really need to get to grips with. Another thing with docs & soldbuchs etc,i always keep my eyes open for additions to each soldier. I try to reunite them if possible. A Panzer grenadier group i have,i've actually tracked down his Westwall doc. Hopefully they can be back together soon. Stewy

As soon as i can get my head round resizing my pics so they're under 70KB. I'll post a lot more,i have lots of groups,S/B's,W/P's & docs. But i'm computer stupid,unfortunately. Stewy