News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Naval Shoulder Board Drawings By Sarge Booker

hhbooker2

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" Thirty or more years ago I once illustrated in pen and India ink on 8X11 and 11X17 velumpaper paper about 400% larger than actual size various insignia like these naval rank marks (shoulder boards) showing line and branch commodores and admirals, including those of ADMIRAL OF THE NAVY George Dewey and for FLEET ADMIRALS Halsey, King, Leahy, and Nimitz. Drawings were based on actual rank marks. Oddly enough no one ever came forward to claim the artwork which I've been known to give away to first to ask is first to get free, plus I paid postage and handling too! Let me know what you think of these insignia and add more if you have them. Thanks! cat.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (hhbooker2@yahoo.com)

Hi Sarge Booker,

Very nice drawings, you have quite the talent and an eye for detail.

Thanks for posting them.

Regards

Brian

BRIAN: Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! Would you believe it was hard to find takers for the original artwork, Brian? One collector in England asked I illustrated some drawings of British Regimental Insignia, that is, until his wife told him no more framed drawings were allowed on the wall. Drew for a few would-be publishers and a few who published books on insignia, but photography has really taken over graphic art. I bought a large number of "Popular Science" and "Popular Mechanics" magazines so as to enjoy the artwork of the old-time graphic artists even for their advertising vintage automobiles, locomotives, horse-carriages, etc., and of course pictures of soldiers and sailors in 1914 to 1918 too! Here is a variation for C.E.C. as full Admiral, ADM Ben Morrell, "Father of the See-Bees." Cat%20Scratch.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (hhbooker2@yahoo.com)