News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese Fire Brigade Award

FWolf

Gents,

A friend of mine offers me a Japanese decoration. I assume, that this is kind of fire fighter award?

I only can read the second and the third line:

(2nd line) "12th October Showa 31 (1955)"

(3rd line) "2nd General Meeting of national fire brigade"

Can anybody help me with the first line and the two kanji?

As well, further information about this award would be great!

Thanks in advance and regards,

FWolf

Just to add, it is not correct to describe this as a decoration. It is a commemorative badge. You will find many different variations of these badges, in my book In the Name of a Living God, we show over 150 firefighter badges but we only scratched the tip of the iceberg. Most of them are made for the various volunteer firefighter units rather than the full time regulars. One like this is worth between $10-20 so do not overpay for them, even though they are quite attractive.

Having recently acquired a copy of Paul's book myself, I can say it is worth every unit of currency in which you might pay! It is a really nice book, a must for any collector of these types of items.

• 2 weeks later...

Send me a PM with your email details and I will email you the details of how to order a copy from me as well as some more background information about what it contains.

Regards,

Paul

Paul,

Sorry, I can't use (yet) the PM option on my account.

But I'll order your book from Amazon.

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Falk