News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Uniform

Dieter3

Saw this today, thought it most interesting. I won't bore you with all the photos, but some of the items with the uniform really looked too good to be original, but the one thing that caught my eye was the belt, bottom center of picture. Or at least what I think is a belt, or some decorative wrapping. What's interesting is that it matches the colors and number of stripes of the Boxer Rebellion ribbon. Is there some sort of relationship?

scottiekenyunbo-img450x600-12503194.jpg

All of this looks original to me. These normally turn up in very good condition since they were for full dress use and were not worn after the outbreak of war. Hence they were packed away safely at home. This colour scheme is for an army administrative official with officer rank, in this case a captain. The full dress sash is normally red and white, red and gold for higher ranks, but for officials like this it is greenish-blue and white. It is only worn by officers. The NCO sash is different, it is worn over the shoulder in the same way as British sergeants wear a red sash. The type shown in the photo is worn around the waist only.

I have a number of uniforms like this. They are attractive but they do take up space.

Sash! That's what it is. Thanks! I couldn't post all of the pictures here, but it did seem in pretty good condition. There were a few holes and abrasions in the jacket and pants, but overall looked really good. Not sure if it was original, but everything seems to go in a nice trunk that is part of the uniform, looks old. I'm guessing it was indeed stowed away in the trunk so the condition is decent. Thanks for the info guys!

• 2 weeks later...