News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Genuine and Fake Fg Cuffbands

There are three distinct weave patterns known for genuine period manufactured Feldgendarmerie cuffbands and sadly, one of these has been labelled "fake" on Forums due to ignorance of the fact that the fakes of this type were based on a genuine pattern.

Shouldn't complain really as I got my genuine example cheap from an auction, presumably because others were put off by assertions that this type was suspect. :rolleyes:

Here is an obverse view, the fake being on top.

First give away on the fakes is the material itself, which is too stiff, and does not pass the burn test. However, on the basis that they may change to using correct rayon type thread, there are more obvious differences.

Note the weave patterns. The weave on the Fake runs very distinctly from top right to bottom left, whilst on the genuine piece, though not quite so distinct, it is from top left to bottom right.