News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I need help!

TacHel

The medals below are all Defense Ministry Commemorative Medals (Памятная медали). I've been looking for over 18 months in Russian governmental web sites, press releases, decrees, I even joined three Russian language phaleristic forums (in vain) to get answers...

NADA! NIENTE! NICHT! DIDDLY SQUAT! :banger:

I require their dates of inception and award criteria.

If ANYBODY can get me this info, I will be EXTREMELY grateful! I must admit at being near the end of my rope on these...:(

They are:

1- Medal for the 300th Anniversary of Naval Infantry / Медаль За "300-лет морской пехоты"

2- Medal for the 100th Anniversary of the Russian Submarine Forces / медаль "100 лет Подводным силам России"

3- Medal for the 50th Anniversary of the Space Age / медаль "50 лет Космической Эры"

4- Medal for the 50th Anniversary of the Special Inspection Service / медаль "50 ЛЕТ Службе Специального Контроля"

5- Medal for the 90th Anniversary of Military Intelligence / Памятная медаль "90 лет военная разведка"

6- Medal for the 50th Anniversary of the Moscow Commandant's Office Honor Guard / медаль "50 летие роты почетного караула Военной комендатуры Москвы"

Edited by TacHel

Dear TacHel! If I'm not mistaking, on photo 1 we can see medal 'for service in Naval Infantry', which was est. by Order #455 November,3,2005. Good information you can find on Russian version of Wikipedia "Ведомственные награды Российской Федерации". If you will have any problem, I'll try help! Good luck, colleague! Maxim Tsarenko

Dear TacHel! If I'm not mistaking, on photo 1 we can see medal 'for service in Naval Infantry', which was est. by Order #455 November,3,2005.

Unfortunately Maxim, it is not. If you examine the picture above, #1 is the Medal for Service in Naval Infantry. #2 is the Medal for 300 Years of Naval Infantry. You can see the quaint differences on the medals and the extra narrow black stripe on the ribbon of the commemorative medal. Below is the civilian/veteran version on 4 corner mount.

I already have inception dates and award criteria for all Defense Ministry medals except the 6 listed above.

Good information you can find on Russian version of Wikipedia "Ведомственные награды Российской Федерации". If you will have any problem, I'll try help! Good luck, colleague! Maxim Tsarenko

Thank you for the link to the Russian Wikipedia page, I already had it. This is a link to my Wikipedia page CLICK HERE

If you can help with ANY missing info I would be most grateful! My Russian is quite limited, I just started learning it 3 months ago. Any info on these 6 commemorative medals would be a great start!

Спасибо! :cheers:

Edited by TacHel

Dear TacHel! Sorry for my mystake! I think, that only www.zasluga.ru named this medals like awards of Defence Ministry. We can't see the documents - certificates etc. On my mind, these medals established by veterans organisations or separate units commanders! In Russia now we can see thousands same 'medals'. If You need information about Ukrainian awards, ask me! Good luck!

Tsarenko, these are definitely Defense Ministry commemorative medals. Civilian/veteran's organizations and unit commanders do not, and cannot inscribe "Министерство Обороны Российсккой Федерации" (Defense Ministry Russian Federation) on the reverse of their medals. The pic below shows the reverse of the 6 medals. I have many medals made by unit and fleet commanders, NONE are identified as Defense Ministry awards.

Edited by TacHel

Great find tsarenko! It made me think. Since the Commemorative Medal for the 50th Anniversary of the Space Age (Памятная медаль

"50 лет Космической Эры") is on the same Defense Ministry Order as the Medal for Service in Space Forces (Медаль За службу в Космических войсках), maybe the medals below are also on the same ministry orders as the medals associated to the same service or event?

Could the Medal for the 300th Anniversary of Naval Infantry (Медаль За "300-лет морской пехоты) be on the same 3 November 2005 Order as the Medal for Service in the Naval Infantry (Медаль "За службу в морской пехоте)???

Could the Commemorative Medal for the 90th Anniversary of Military Intelligence (Памятная медаль "90 лет военная разведка") be on the same Order as the Medal for Service in Military Intelligence (Медаль За Службу В Военной Разведке)???

Could the Commemorative Medal for the 100th Anniversary of the Russian Submarine Forces (Памятная медаль "100 лет Подводным силам России") be on the same 10 March 2006 Order as the Medal for Service in the Submarine Force (Медаль За службу в подводных силах)???

Can you easily find these Orders of the Defense Ministry? I did not keep links to them...:blush::whistle:

I usually retrieved ministerial orders from this Russian web site: http://www.consultant.ru/

But for the past few weeks when trying to access Defense Ministry Orders about medals I keep getting a message saying the Orders in question were modified in June 2008 and I am unable to access the original orders or the amended version.

Can anybody help?:(

Good afternoon, Mr. TacHel! I think, that You are right - these 'commemorative badge' are situated in the same orders, that the medals. http://pk.awards-su.com/2008/2008_1.htm - this site proposes to buy the magazin with article about naval infantry commemorative badge. I try to find more information about Your medals. Good luck!