News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

General Box/Case Questions

Tim B

I recently got several Belgian items in and there are a couple of boxes that I don't know what they go to; maybe not even related to the items I received and maybe not even Belgian. Any help?

Tim

Here's the boxes; the one on the right has diamond-shaped padding. The other one has two blind holes on the inside bottom, towards the center and a gold colored seal on the inside top:

Both boxes seem to be Belgian to me. I also tend to see the same name on the boxes. Something like Mr. Winters X (or something to that effect) on the first one and the same "Winters" (striped trough) or so on the second one. So I dare to say that both boxes belonged to the same gentleman.

The second one also has the Dutch "herinnering" on it, indicating it held a commemorative medal. WWI commémo perhaps? You said you got a number of Belgian items. Perhaps the answer is in the rest of the lot?

Guy,

Thank you! :cheers: Now, I just have to figure what belongs in the box, which probably could be anything as the box is unmarked in regards to contents.

Love4history,

That could be, as this particular package had two different type Fire Cross, a Liege Medal, a separately cased Leopold II (Civil with gold center-striped ribbon), and a WWI Belgian Commemorative Medal with 4 bars (1 gilt & 3 silver) and gold volunteer crown. So, maybe the commemorative medal goes with that one?

I did see the name on the one box (thought it was something like "Winston" or "Sir Winston ???", but just couldn't tell for sure.

Thank you gentlemen!

Any other observations?

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Here's the other one; again not sure it really belongs here as the package had two Fire Cross, this Liege Medal, and the Commemorative. I forgot which were in which boxes as they were all wrapped in tissue.

Looks nice; the Fire Cross are almost too big. I'll see if the seller knows.

Tim