News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi guys - just picked up this photo - unfortunately no medalbar and only a fairly standard Überrock being worn. Pretty interesting, dedication on the back s/l Lange and dated 1898, photographer is out of Breslau.

I know its quite a bit later, but the only resource I have handy right now is a 1914 ranklist - and hey, he looks fairly young, maybe he stuck it out that long and is one of the two listed there.

-One is a Hauptmann in IR 129

-One is a Rittmeister in JzP Regt 13

My possibly crazy logic is if it is one of these two guys, the photo being taken in Breslau perhaps our Rittmeister was formerly a member of the Leib-Kürassier-Regt. Großer Kurfürst (Schlesisches) Nr.1 before at some point moving onto the JzP - one lobster tail to another, seems like a reasonable transition 2014.gif

Maybe some can can assist - or spoil my entire theory and my night by adding another of the clan into the mix that my puny resource library is missing speechless.gif

Cheers,

Luc

Guest Rick Research

Unfortunately without being able to see rank insignia, I don't have any hope for this. In the 1898 Rank List there was no one by this name actually resident in Breslau, nor was a single one of the possible "suspects" in a regiment with anyone of the same rank named Lange--

Hauptmann IR 98 detached to Great General Staff

Hauptmann 1st Guard Field Art Rgt

Secondelieutenants in

Grenadier Regiment 1, Inf Rgt 99, Ulan Rgt 6, and a SecLt Frh vdO-S und von Rhein in Field Art Rgt 18.

With nothing to identify who Lange was, nothing to sort him out.