News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Gentleman

This trifold ribbon was on the order but I'm fairly certain it is not

proper. The stripe in the center is not wide enough. Does anybody

know what award accompanied this ribbon. Also the trifold ribbon is

too large for the molding inside the case. It seems the case was made

for a smaller then usual Albert.

Thank You

Yankee

Guest Rick Research

The ribbon is fine. You are looking at an Austrian 40mm expansion of a 30mm ribbon. There is no regulation for the "math" of that. :whistle:

The Austrian case identifies it as for a "Knight 1st Class"...

the "Wrong Albert" 1st model Kleinkreuz/Ehrenkreuz was smaller-- but would not have had that designation.

Who made the Albert that you have?

Although the proportions on the ribbon are a little different than usual, I really don't have a problem with it. The case looks to be the early, rounded type and may have been originally made for a 1st Type Albert Knight, which was somewhat smaller than the 2nd Type Knight, 1st Class.

The ribbon is fine. You are looking at an Austrian 40mm expansion of a 30mm ribbon. There is no regulation for the "math" of that. :whistle:

The Austrian case identifies it as for a "Knight 1st Class"...

the "Wrong Albert" 1st model Kleinkreuz/Ehrenkreuz was smaller-- but would not have had that designation.

Who made the Albert that you have?

Hi Rick

I have an Austrian ribbon which explans why it does not fit comfortably into the 30mm cut out trifold design. The case is marked Scharffenberg so I assume the Albert is too. The early Albert knight cases were of a rectangular shape. I think the later cases had the royal arms. I compared the ribbon to the Austian ones I have and they are exact in size which makes you have excellent vision :D

Although the proportions on the ribbon are a little different than usual, I really don't have a problem with it. The case looks to be the early, rounded type and may have been originally made for a 1st Type Albert Knight, which was somewhat smaller than the 2nd Type Knight, 1st Class.

HI Beau

The case looks like the one you had posted a few months ago with that early Scharffenberg address and case design. Is your Albert fairly flat? The reason asking is that I noticed how thin mine is compared to other examples I have seen, almost like a Dannebrog. Perhaps ours came from the same batch :cheers:

The cross itself is not particularly flat. The wreath, however, is much thinner than on later pieces. I thought I would post a photo to show the difference in size between this early cross and a WWI era 1st Class w/Swords:

Hi Beau

Nice comparison of different era pieces. I was wrong that the Alberts came from the same batch. The blue band around the Duke are different shades of blue and the wreath on yours seems to be a more uniform pattern and more flat as you suggested. Is your case fitted for a trifold ribbon? Was it so easy to replace the bust(Baker)with the new type. Do you know if they used some sort of super glue back then or did they have to take the whole center apart? Perhaps when the bust removed they had to replace the center as well especially if it was glued in place. Thanks