News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Cross Rosettes

Dieter3

With regards to Red Cross rosettes, specifically the ones found separately in their own boxes - were these intended as "upgrades"? EX: Not uncommon to find the life member rosettes, both the lapel button type, and the type that belongs on the ribbons - were these given to members that became life members after the fact to upgrade the member's ribbon, rather than issue an entirely different medal??

• 3 weeks later...

O.K., bear with me on this. I'm trying to categorize all of the various red cross lapel rosettes, these are all what I've observed so far in my endeavors. Pardon the terminology that I use, and feel free to correct me on it. I just want to put up pics. first and find out if there are any varieties that I am missing here, I'd imagine there must be. If anybody can fill in any blanks that might exist, I'd appreciate it!! Here goes:

Bow Pin:

MembersBow-PinMediumStripes.jpg

Simple Buttons, White Rays and Blue Rays

PlainWhiteButtonTop.jpgPlainBlueNoShoulderButton.jpg

Wondering if the white rays are really white, or if this is just a crummy picture or the rays are faded.....can anybody confirm white rays?

"Modern" Merit:

ModernRosette.jpg

O.K., I don't think this one really counts, but it's cool nonetheless, Hybrid:

HybridRedCross-TaishoEnthronementRo.jpg

So what am I missing?? Comments?? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dieter3