News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badge Jpegs required for ongoing Malayan Emergency Project

As an ongoing project I am doing on the Malayan Emergency 1948 -1960 can any member kindly let me have a Jpeg copy of the cap badge of the 13/18 Hussars KC and the 12 Lancers KC.

Also does anyone know when the KC went over to the QC, I realise that the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II was on the 02 June 1953. but what date did the military actually start to re-issue the QC cap badges.

Thanks

Arthur M

Bearing in mind that badges can be worn before, after, or not at all in relation to the date sealed, the bi-metal King's Crown 12th Lancers was sealed on 5/11/1930, the St Edward's Crown on 1/12/1954, the St Edward's version was also produced in anodised (the 9th Lancers amalagamted with the 12th Lancers to form the 9th/12th Lancers on 11/9/1960).

The 13th/18th Hussars King's Crown gilding metal badge was supersceeded by the St Edward's Crown version which was sealed on 15/2/1955, the St Edward's Crown anodised version beng sealed on 7/5/1962.