News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian Pour le Merite 1813-1814

Hello,

Is their a list for the Russian Officers that received this award during 1813-1814(or maybe after the campaign).

Here is a link to the Russian Officer:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40226

thanks,

barry

Here is a site with some info

http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/decorations/c_pourlemerite.html

pargraph 7

A large number were awarded to Russian Officers on the first anniversary of the Battle of Leipzig.

11 April and on 13-18 October

note 6

Unknown Russian Lt awarded 11/12/1813

Hello Bear,

Bill Hammelmmann’s excellent three volume publication “The History of the Prussian Pour le Merite Order” lists all recipients

(regardless of nationality), by award date, from 1740 through 1918. In many cases, additional information is provided as well.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Hello Bear,

Bill Hammelmmann’s excellent three volume publication “The History of the Prussian Pour le Merite Order” lists all recipients

(regardless of nationality), by award date, from 1740 through 1918. In many cases, additional information is provided as well.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Barry

WC is correct on Hammelman listing recipients. There were over 5000 medals awarded prior to 1918, and almost one-fourth of them were Russians during the Napoleonic era. I read the link to today's post, and the list of recipients is potentially a large one. Do you think there's any chance of narrowing the time frame down a little either by focusing on Leipzig only, and/or officers of a certain rank, branch of service, etc?

I was hoping that it would be a small number. :banger: Since I don't have any other information on the Russian Officer it might be impossible to indentify him. I'll try my black/blue light and see if any writing appears on the portrait. Longshot!!!

thanks,

barry