News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello again chaps,

I just acquired a nice SA sports badge by W.REDO in silver and thought I would post it here for discussion. Now there is some discussion about this spelling mistake (FuhRung is spelled FuhPung) in the makers mark on this style, but from what I can gather it is generally accepted as a good Redo badge. The pin/catch, concave die-struck steel construction, and details and pattern of wear and finish is exact to some known originals and I really have no worries about its originality, but still some doubt persists based on the old "Germans didn't make mistakes" argument. I have a full rant on this badge on the other forum that I will transfer over here if neccessary. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Pat

Edited by Avitas

This angle shows the edges a bit and the proper catch and pin assembly. Has slight leftover metal around the bottom edge, a side effect of the stamping I would wager, and the edges are crisp and solid. Again, a nice die-struck example in my books.

Pat

Edited by Avitas

..and one more of the front which shows the wear and finish better. Maybe someone else has one of these "Fuhpung" versions to show as well. I eagerly await what some more seasoned vets think of this one.

Cheers!

Pat