News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British Army Parade/Walking out dress

Guys,I'm looking for information regarding the Full dress and walking out uniforms of British line regiments (other ranks) during the period 1895-1914.This would include tunics,helmets,types of belt and buckles,bayonets and bayonet frogs.Any information,images and reference books you can suggest would be appreciated,cheers,

Paul

The superbly illustrated book "The Thin Red Line", by the Fosten brothers has numerous coloured plates covering the period 1881-1900 for both officers and other ranks. The Osprey series of books also cover the period, however the period 1900-1914 did see a other changes universally, but these seem less well documented. From memory I think you will find there were changes for 1900 - 1902 - 1909 - 1913.

Only a few pages on line infantry - more if you include rifles, highlanders etc -

"Their Glory Shall Not Be Blotted Out, The Last Full Dress of the Brtish Army" by Lt Col Olaf MacLeod (late Coke's Rifles, Frontier Force, Indian Army), published by Lutterworth Press, Cambridge, 1986 - a nice little book, nice illustrations.