News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Decoration "For Service in the Marines" 1st class

TacHel

I recently purchased this award half expecting a lightweight hollow tinnie. I was quite surprised to receive a high quality multi piece heavy award!

This is the Decoration "For Service in the Marines" Soldiers of the Fleet, 1st class. Instituted on 24 July 2001 by ministerial order 325. Awarded to marines for special services and distinction in strengthening the combat readiness of formations and units of marines, in improving personal combat skills, for courage and bravery displayed in the performance of military duties. Promotion to this class requires one year following award of the badge 2nd class unless awarded for courage and bravery or exemplary leadership in the performance of special military operations of marine units.

The front central disc (black with anchor) has the threaded post at its back. This post goes through the center of the 2nd disc (red, bearing the inscription in gold) and the 3rd part which is the larger disc (laurels). The bumps visible on the reverse are to line up alignments "dimples" on the back of each disc. A small nut holds the assembly securely in place.