News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Cross Silver Order of Merit Pin

Dieter3

Picked on of these up recently and appears to indicate Silver Order of Merit -

So, I have seen these pins come with the actual Orders of Merit in both gold and silver, but usually in a tiny plastic bag, not a case like this. I'm wondering, what does this type of pin belong to?? I've not actually seen them sold with anything, always seem to be loners. Do/Did these accompany the modern version of the silver order of merit (the plaque??) The seller of this item referred to it as a"tie tack". Maybe??

Edited by Dieter3

Excellent! Thank you for that clarification, I suspected that might be the case. So - these would not be found in gold then, save for the actual gold merit medal that is still awarded?? (It IS still awarded, right?)

Opps. I should clarify that - I have seen the gold pins with the actual medals, I just have not seen them in the small plastic cases like this, they always seem to be in small, (sometimes) sealed plastic baggies. I figured they may occur in the plastic cases like the silver one, but as the silver one is intended for the plaque award, I'm unclear as to whether or not the gold pins come in these cases too for the gold medals, or if they always were given in the plastic bags? I know, kinda silly questions, but my curiosity gets the best of me!! laugh.gif

Opps. I should clarify that - I have seen the gold pins with the actual medals, I just have not seen them in the small plastic cases like this, they always seem to be in small, (sometimes) sealed plastic baggies. I figured they may occur in the plastic cases like the silver one, but as the silver one is intended for the plaque award, I'm unclear as to whether or not the gold pins come in these cases too for the gold medals, or if they always were given in the plastic bags? I know, kinda silly questions, but my curiosity gets the best of me!! laugh.gif

OK, you got me. No idea :blush:

• 3 weeks later...