News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PART 11 - POLICE FORCES OF THE WORLD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mervyn,

As you say this is the Kepi of a Police Agent of the MONTREAUX POLICE, Switzerland. It was certainly used in the 1970's and may still be current ,however Switzerland as recently started to standardise certain aspects of their uniforms. So this may have been superceded by a Baseball cap.

Montreaux is a town within the French speaking Canton of Vaud. The French speaking cantons police have adfopted the French Gendarmerie style and colour of uniforms and the Municipal Police may have adopted a similar style but in Grey/Black colour scheme.

I will add to your posts intermitently as I don't keep good health and sometimes don't go onto the computer for days and when I do I do a burst of replies.

Best Regards,

Les

Les, I was very sorry to learn that your health is not good. Thankyou for taking the time to add to these World posts - your knowledge is just what is needed to 'flesh' them out and encourage others to add. I have never intended - or, expected - that everything would happen at once. Rather, that over time, they will have added information and become a source of reference - after all, that is what an important Forum, such as GMIC is expected to accomplish.