News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DCM Citation of H A Southgate

Good morning

I would much appreciate it if there was anyone out there who is able to post the DCM Citation of Private 13085 Hiram Ashton Southgate of the 2nd Battalion, Suffolk Regiment, who is a cousin (twice removed) of my wife’s. I have been studying this side of my Wife’s family tree and it has thrown up this gentleman who according to the CWGC, sadly died at Ypres on 30 March 1916.

Many thanks in anticipation.

David Babb-Farrell

His London Gazette entry linked below

http://www.london-ga...upplements/2894

Wow he dragged his Lt. back will under heavy fire, that is gallantry He really earned the Distinguished conduct medal (DCM). Do you have any old photos of your wife's Family member 13085 Hiram Ashton?

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Many thanks Ralph and Lorenzo - Very much appreciated and speed amazing! :)

By chance we have just returned on holiday from Suffolk where this branch of the family come from - and we do have a few old photos of my wife's family and a few Southgates... We are going to browse through and see if we can pick up on Hiram especially and will post anything I find that relates.

Thanks again

David

Edited by David Babb-Farrell

Many thanks Ralph and Lorenzo - Very much appreciated and speed amazing! smile.gif

By chance we have just returned on holiday from Suffolk where this branch of the family come from - and we do have a few old photos of my wife's family and a few Southgates... We are going to browse through and see if we can pick up on Hiram especially and will post anything I find that relates.

Thanks again

David

Do you know who has his DCM, is it still in the family?? That would be a great piece to have in your collection;)

Lorenzo