News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OLD SCOTTISH MASONIC / MILITARY MEDAL ( GLASGOW 17th OCT 1876 )

DAVY100

HI THERE LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON MASONIC MEDAL - LOOKS TO BE MADE LIKE A MILITARY BADGE WITH RIBBON BAR SOLDERED TO BACK -

THE MEDAL HAS THE PRINCE OF WALES FEATHERS TO TOP WITH THE WORDS - ICH - DIEN

SCROLL AT EITHER SIDE " FAITH HOPE CHARITY " ON OTHER SIDE " WISDOM STRENGTH BEAUTY "

KINGS CROWN TO CENTRE WITH SQUARE AND COMPASS

AT THE BASE IS FIVE POINTED STAR

ANY HELP WITH INFORMATION ON THIS ITEM WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Edited by DAVY100

Dave - welcome to the Forum. You might find this will be overlooked in this position - I would re-post on the Masonic sub-forum, it is towards the lower third of the listings. There are some real experts there, who may be able to help you. An interesting piece, though, - with the names made to look like Regt. Battle Honours.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Don't know if this has any relevence but the big event in Glasgow this day was the official opening of St. Enochs Station by the long forgotten City of Glasgow Union Railway Company. It was a big party day and I dare say that the Masons would have been involved

Gordon