News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Breast badges for Excellent Border Troops

TacHel

Collectors of Soviet ODMs will immediately recognize these breast awards. Retained from the Soviet Era with slight changes to the design but with the addition of a third class vice the 2 from the KGB time.

Background: President Yeltsin created the Border Service of Russia in 1994 taking that department out of the FSB (ex KGB). President Putin reversed this decision in 2003 abolishing the service and reintegrating it into the FSB as the Border Guard Service of the FSB.

These badges have the same award criteria as their predecessors. As soon as I find the detailed orders, I will post them here.

Awarded to soldiers, sailors, sergeants and petty officers of Border Troops, or to other soldiers urgently enlisted in assisting the Border Guard Service, for exemplary performance of duties in the protection of the state border of the Russian Federation, skillful actions to apprehend violators of the border, for displaying courage, perseverance, endurance, excellent performance in combat training, and for military discipline.

Below is the badge 1st class.

post-3030-008564600 1286075553_thumb.jpg