News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Several years ago, I got this silver presentation tray of the type presented to officers upon their retirement or leaving a unit. It has imperial era hallmarks for .830 silver content. It has a script "AA8" in the center and the names of his fellow officers oround the outside. The names are: Ziervogel, von Fabeck, Henke, Troitzsch, von Luck, Friedrichs, von Schkopp, Weisbach, Koch, von Boehn, Graf von Pfiel, von Mitzlaff, Noeske, Dr. Richter, Frhr. v. Furstenberg, Neumann-Silkow, Frhr. v. Eckhardtstein, and Muller. I have attempted to match these names with a particular unit in a particular year but, have had no luck. It is possible that an older tray was used during the Weimar or even WWII era which may explain my difficulty in tying these names together, many of which wre distinguished throughout German history. For example, a von Pfeil was a founder of German Southwest Africa, a General Neumann-Silkow was a division commander in Rommel's Afrika Korps and another von Pfeil commanded a Gruppen in Luftwaffe JG52. Does anyone have an idea of what the "AA8" might designate or what era I should be looking for?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

post-6181-039718100 1287082481_thumb.jpg