News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian military commendations

TacHel

Although their exact Russian appellations translate to "memorial badges", the awards below are in fact what we in the Western World would term as "commendations".

This first one is the Commendation of the Minister of National Defense of the Russian Federation

post-3030-015949200 1288491764_thumb.jpg

Awarded to soldiers, citizens of Russia and foreign citizens who have made a significant contribution to the development of the Minisrty of Defense of the Russian Federation and interstate military relations. Worn on the right lapel of the dress uniform.

Commendation of the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

post-3030-070368300 1288491857_thumb.jpg

Awarded to soldiers, citizens of Russia and foreign citizens who have made a significant contribution to the development of the RF Armed Forces and interstate relations in the military field. Worn on the right lapel.

Commendation of the Chief of the Air Force

post-3030-089403200 1288491945_thumb.jpg

Awarded to military and civilian personnel who have served (have worked) in the Air Force for at least 10 years, veterans of the Air Force and Air Defense Forces, or to others who have made significant contributions to the Air Force for assistance in the tasks assigned to the Air Force. Worn on the left lapel.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, the top 4 I have, the 5th is on the way in the mail.

They are heavy for their size too, top quality, hot enamels, quite nice considering the low quality of some higher Rusian awards. Go figure!

Edited by TacHel

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another versions of the Air Force Commendation. Made by a different maker. I must admit at being a bit disapointed at mine after seeing this version, I'll definitely be on the lookout for one!

post-3030-048673500 1291574703_thumb.jpg

(Pic courtesy of a colleague in a Russian language forum)