News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help me please, in my search

lilo

Hi All,

I would like to receive your help to confirm or not the possible award of two Japanese Orders (the Rising Sun and Sacred Treasure) to an Italian Army Officer that was attached, as Army attaché, to the Imperial Japanese Army during the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-05.

The name of this Officer was CAVIGLIA Enrico (1862-1945) that, at the end of his military career, became an Italian Field Marshal.

I'm sure that for his service during the Russo-Japanese war this officer received the Japanese "Russo-Japanese War Medal.1904-05".

What I would like to know is if He also received the Rising Sun or the Sacred Treasure or both (as I believe).

My believing came from the study of similar medal groups of various foreign persons that were Naval or Army attaché to the Imperial Japanese Army during the Russo-Japanese war : for what I know, all received both the Orders.

So my 1st question is : Am I correct in retaing that also CAVIGLIA received both the Rising Sun and the Sacred Treasure ?

If not so, which was the most probable, between them, that he received ?

At that time He had the rank of Major in the Italian Army so which CLASS of these/this Order/s did he received : the 3rd or the 2nd ?

Many thanks in advance for any help you could give to my search (also a simple guess is very appreciated !)

All the Best

Lilo

Edited by lilo