News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dog Tags

Hannibal Rex

Anyone know a good source for dog tags? Aside from Ebay? Occasionally I see them in the varied and sundry militaria dealers websites and at shows, but I was curious as to if there are any sources that either carry a lot of them or even specialize in them? Thanks...

HR

Anyone know a good source for dog tags? Aside from Ebay? Occasionally I see them in the varied and sundry militaria dealers websites and at shows, but I was curious as to if there are any sources that either carry a lot of them or even specialize in them? Thanks...

HR

Watch out-- These are still being made. I was at a militaria show for reenactors last year, at which one dealer had original dog tag machines of several different periods and would make you anything you wanted, on what appeared to be original (or more likely, good reproduction) blanks. I would guess that the WW2 tags he could make on that WW2 machine would be totally indistinguishable from originals, without chemical analysis of the metal. He even had a few references as to how the tags should be set up in various periods. Doc

Watch out-- These are still being made.

Yeah, I know there are a fair number of fakes out there (and honest repros, partic for reenactors). I usually don't buy them unless there's other stuff with it, but that too is unfortunantly a popular ruse for some of the rotten dealers/scammers out there. But they're a blast to research and usually less destructive on the wallet than some of the other stuff I collect.

HR