News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Republican Guard Insignia Baghdad, Divisions

Guest IMHF

“God is Great” Forces

Baghdad Divisions were a light Republican Guard Unit, the Insignia was worn on both sides of the uniform. Their mission was to protect Baghdad, from all opposing forces in the attempt of an Invasion. You can see with the success of Operation Iraqi Freedom the Baghdad Republican Guard Division was not able to fulfill their obligation to Saddam’s Government.

-After the Defection of Hussein Kamel many of Iraq’s forces of the Republican Guard were divided and the military was reorganized. From 1995-2003 the Iraqi Republican Guard had a tremendous growth of its forces.

I added 4 sets of these to my collection a few days ago, I recived them from a dealer out of Baghdad, Iraq

Lorenzo

Hello fellow collectors I was wondering if any of you have any photos of this Insignia being worn in action. I would like to hear more information about this insignia so please if you have any information about this unique Iraqi Republican Guard please post your replies for our education.

Thank you so much for viewing

Lorenzo

"God is Great" Forces

Baghdad Divisions were a light Republican Guard Unit, the Insignia was worn on both sides of the uniform. Their mission was to protect Baghdad, from all opposing forces in the attempt of an Invasion. You can see with the success of Operation Iraqi Freedom the Baghdad Republican Guard Division was not able to fulfill their obligation to Saddam's Government.

-After the Defection of Hussein Kamel many of Iraq's forces of the Republican Guard were divided and the military was reorganized. From 1995-2003 the Iraqi Republican Guard had a tremendous growth of its forces.

I added 4 sets of these to my collection a few days ago, I recived them from a dealer out of Baghdad, Iraq

Lorenzo

UPDATES:

The writing on the 2 small triangles is "Allahu Akbar" (God Is Great)

The Allahu-Akbar Corps, was made up of 3 divisions, as follows:

Corps "Allahu-Akbar" (God Is Great) consisting of:

1) "Nebuchadnezzar" division

2) "Adnan Telfah" division

3) "Hammurabi" division

Lorenzo