News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thomas, that is a very exciting description

... drumm-roll!

Vorbereitung zum Sturm auf die S**** Stellung

Kleiner Flammen-Werfer hat eben den Apparat aufgedreht, um vorzugehen.

Translation:

Readying for the assault on the S**** (enemy)-position.

Small Flamethrower has opened the valve on his apparatus to advance.

* I haven't quite deciphered the name of the enemy position (beginning with a "S") they are attacking.

Edited by Naxos

I haven't quite deciphered the name of the enemy position (beginning with a "S") they are attacking.

Skrobowa. The assault took place on November 9, 1916.

I recently bought a pile of photos that included four images of shock troops training for the assault.

Thomas, that is a priceless score!

I was very happy. The photos show shock troops of Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 12 training with flamethrower troops. The infantrymen are all wearing Pickelhauben, while the flamethrower troops wear steel helmets.

I'll post this photo here, because it's a double exposure and I can't use it in my book. One other photo shows that the infantrymen have "R 12" on the front of their Pickelhauben and the numeral "XIV S" on the left side of the cover. At Skrobowa there were 14 shock troops used; I think the number "XIV S" means "Stosstrupp 14."

Edited by Thomas W

I was very happy. The photos show shock troops of Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 12 training with flamethrower troops. The infantrymen are all wearing Pickelhauben, while the flamethrower troops wear steel helmets.

I'll post this photo here, because it's a double exposure and I can't use it in my book. One other photo shows that the infantrymen have "R 12" on the front of their Pickelhauben and the numeral "XIV S" on the left side of the cover. At Skrobowa there were 14 shock troops used; I think the number "XIV S" means "Stosstrupp 14."

Very nice! :cheers: