News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gunnar!

If you are talking about Nils de Maré, then his Swedish regiment was Kungl Smålands husarregemente (he was a first lieutenant in the regiment's reserve), and after having served in the Persian gendarmerie he entered German service. He was an advisor to field marshal von der Goltz, and was promoted rittmeister in 1916. In 1918 he served as an air observer in Flanders (no specific unit mentioned). After retiring from service in November 1918, he lived on a manor in Germany. All information above taken from "Det svenska kavalleriet" by Hakon Leche. Off the top of my head, I'd say that the book (I've forgot the name of it) by Lars Gyllenhaal on Swedish mercenaries might contain more information, I haven't read it myself though, so it might just be a couple of lines on his Persian gendarmerie service...

/Jonas

Tack Jonas :)

It his certainly him, the source I have is Tagesbefhle Kofl 4( in Flandern) and they apparently spelled his name.slightly wrong.

He did serve in FAA 238 in the spring of 1918, but I dont knew how long he stayed in this unit.

As I live in Sweden, I will be able to track him down. Not many Swedish soldiers served within the German Air Force.

very good help for me

:)

Gunnar