News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rising Sun 6 in leather case

Josef Rietveld

Dear Forumites, another question.

From time to time, i saw rising sun orders in leather cases. Now i managed to get one (see pictures).

I have once been told in the WAF that this leathercases were private purchased by officers and used for travelling because the decorations could be easier

stowaged in the officers luggage then laquer-boxes. Can somebody confirm this story?

regards

Josef

Edited by Josef Rietveld

The leather case was a private purchase item. They are very rare and difficult to find, even in Japan. This is a lovely set, the characters on the case correspond to the Japanese name of the Rising Sun 6th class.

:speechless: Of course, it's the lower three characters. This is the first leather case I've seen and it appears to be in excellent condition!

Tim

thanks Paul, i guess my set dates from showa-period before 1945?

there was another one on ebay (not mine) that was sold recently

My link

josef

That would be my take based on the length of the rays. You'll note the one on the eBay auction you linked to was actually a Meiji era 6th Class Rising Sun. Not a bad price either!

Thanks for showing! :cheers:

Tim

Hi Brian,

Not sure why you would anger anyone, especially if you are the one that got it? :unsure: Hope to see more of it later.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Just joking, however, best not to jinx the delivery by talking about it too much. :lol:

Regards

Brian

Hi Tim,

Just joking, however, best not to jinx the delivery by talking about it too much. :lol:

Regards

Brian

Oh, well as long as its not coming from Austria you should be okay. :unsure: Oh, wait a minute....:P

Regards,

Tim